Seva or service is infinite giving. Service is not finite giving. If you do some service and say, ‘I served,’ then you have totally missed the point. Service is when you feel honored by doing something. You don’t feel honor in the company of many. You feel it within your own self. That is service. Seva is when your inside is honored, when you honor yourself. When I am honored in my consciousness for doing something, it is seva. When I stand before my consciousness, I feel good, and I say, ‘Well, I am so blessed that I could do it.’ That’s seva.”
Seva – Selfless Service
One of the foundations of a yoga practice is seva, or selfless service. The Toronto Kundalini Yoga Community is building a volunteer resource pool to give back to the community in various ways.
Volunteer Positions include:
- Helping non-profit organizations in the community through seva
- Join the Gurdwara group, meeting weekly for Gurdwara prayers and lungar (free lunch)
- Coming to the Toronto Kundalini Yoga meetings that focus on organizing teachers and building community
- Yoga Teachers can volunteer to lead meditations, morning Sadhana, or other special celebrations
- Help update the Website, answer phone calls or emails about Kundalini Yoga
- other events that come up through the year throughout Toronto and Ontario
Interested? Contact: info@TorontoKundaliniYoga.com.
If you are a non-profit organization looking for volunteers or are running aKundalini Yoga Event and need volunteers, please contact us at info@TorontoKundaliniYoga.com to be added to the list.